Destroyed Quad

I have been flying this copter for about a year without any major tweaks.  I took it out to the desert and flew it for about 4 min and all of a sudden it lost power and came to a crash.   I am not entirely sure how to read the logs.  Can anyone shed some light on what happened?

I was flying from Stab to Arco mode like I always do.  I disabled Compass since it seems to have its issues.  I have flown like this for the past few months or so.  

Thank you all.

2014-04-28 10-01-29 46.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks pretty simple.

you fly well past low battery warning, at the end, ThrIn and ThrOut  increase (as you try to prevent crash)  - but the current drop.

It fails when battery is at 10.13v (3,3volt/cell if equal cells)   (if well calibrated, and after the crash with "no" load voltage barely raises to  11.1v  (3,7v/cell))

Even before the crash - 9.67 volt is logged, 3,2v/cell

• Thank you so much Andre for the explanation.  I kinda figured that by looking at the graphs, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you again Andre.

• depending on your ESC's it is possible that you have a low-voltage cutoff /battery protection, it's best to disable such on a multirotor.  

Calibrate voltage sensing, and/or add a battery monitor that beeps on low voltage to avoid same problem in the future.

• I will try that out and report back when I rebuild her.  Thank you all

This reply was deleted.

Activity