Disabling wind in SITL

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck with how to disable all wind running in jsbsim in an arduplane SITL on Linux. I've tired zero-ing out several parts of code in the Python files within the "autotest" directory with no luck. In the MAVproxy display console I can still see a wind direction and magnitude that seems random.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

will

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What values for direction and speed are you getting?

• It seems to be a random distribution. The direction and magnitude changes seemingly as a function of position and airspeed. I can se the values reading out in the mavproxy console when the SITL is launched with the --console option.
      • I have the opposite problem, I am trying to change wind but it always resets to 0.  More important than what you see in mavproxy is what "runsim.py" is actually setting the wind inside of JSBSim.  Because the default is "--wind 0,0,0" I suspect your wind is actually 0.  You can add a simple print statement for direction and speed in front of the following, which is what actually sets the wind inside of JSBSim.

def update_wind(wind):
        '''update wind simulation'''
        (speed, direction) = wind.current()
        #print speed
        #print direction
        jsb_set('atmosphere/psiw-rad', math.radians(direction))
        jsb_set('atmosphere/wind-mag-fps', speed/0.3048)

Let me know if that helps?  What is the magnitude of the wind speed that you are getting inside of mavproxy?

• Runsim.py is set to the defaut (0,0,0). Thi

This reply was deleted.

Activity