3D Robotics
This is a forum to discuss the creation of a community-designed UAV airframe that can be put into production. Once the basic scope and core participants of the projects have been decided on, we can move the project to a Huddle workspace for the actual design, planning and collaboration.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

I think the boom is attached with a twist-lock that is spring loaded. The block is the battery.

Regarding deep stall and the wing coming off. If the wing were to need to slide into the mount from the front then wouldn't it require forward inertia to be able to come off. The forward motion of the deep stall would keep the wing seated. I think that a good rare earth magnet would keep it secure.
  • Flyingwing, High wing, Low wing, Glider or twin Boom? All of these can be designed to fit the purposed specs. Sounds like Flyingwing is out....
    foam
  • This will be fun.

I think that size and type/configuration mainly depends on type of mission. the first step must be defining mission type and we should be precise and clear on choosing one.
  • Good call Chris. So the first thing we need to answer is size and type.

Suggestions?
  • 3D Robotics
    And to start with my $0.02: I would consider having this made in China, to avoid regulatory barriers around manufacture in export-controlled zones.
This reply was deleted.

Activity