DJI - the software incompatibility saga continues...

Following Apple's release of their latest iOS 9 update on the 16th of September, DJI customers continue to face frustrations with all apps that run on ios.Despite hundreds, if not thousands of requests for action, DJI have failed to come up with a solution to their compatibility issues, which are mainly related to the bluetooth aspect of the apps. This has led to hundreds of its customers who reley on 'autonomous' waypoint flying, being grounded, with many losing money through lost commercial earnings.In fairness, DJI representitives continue to apologise, with the standard 'our engineers are working hard to find a solution' however after a month of inaction, the excuse is quite frankly wearing a bit thin.There can be no excuse however, with Apple releasing early developer versions of their iOS, specifically to give manufacturers a chance to sort out any issuesSo it really is quite 'woeful' that this has not been fixed.Is DJI in financial difficulty? Are they being ignorant to our needs or is this something else, who knows, but one thing is for sure is that with the many forums etc and the developing world of multi-rotor systems, problems like this are bound to damage the reputation of this robotics giant.I like many have invested in DJI as they do make quality products, however with their Apps being pivotal to the use of their systems and their apparent 'failure' to either 'prepare' for iOS 9 or find a solution to the current issues, Customers will no doubt make their own choices on where DJI now sits within their hobby or commercial interest.Personally, I believe that something like this could seriously damage DJI if its not sorted soon and I can only hope that my investments will not become 'redundant', gathering dust on my hobby room shelves.Come on DJI - enough is enough...SORT THIS OUT PLEASE!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ahhh the Apple closed shop model. Really causes trouble when it goes wrong.
This reply was deleted.

Activity