Hi All,

I tried to figure it out if the drones are banned out from all type of parks in the SF Bay area (CA) or just from national parks. (All the articles are talking about the disturbance of the wild life... well :) not so much in San Jose) 

Anybody from the area knows some place where it's legal to fly somewhere around San Jose? 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I live in the country with miles of open space, but will be lumped in with the city dwellers. Only since the invention of the FC system using gyros, accelerometers, baro, GPS et al and sophisticated code has it been possible to fly a model aircraft with such ease and precision. Comparatively, flying "traditional" RC usually meant suicide for your plane prior to just a few years ago.

The RC industry is going to plummet in the coming months. People are not going to join clubs and get in line to fly their toys like waiting for a ride to open at an amusement park as was done in the 'good ole days' at AMA fields. I lost my respect for AMA 25 years ago.

• That's just the Bay Area.  I'm sure for Superbowl Sunday week there will be a complete ban.  This is just really busy airspace too.

The thing about drones is how useful they are to collect data.  I don't think that will go away, I think that's here to stay while the rest of the regulations get sorted out.  Unfortunately, the bad is outweighing the good in the press.  

I don't disagree with having a good walk spoiled by a loud drone @ an East Bay Regional park. 

• I planned to fly it at the Bay Trail what's actually a thrash dump behind Yahoo, but based onMyROZ  that's a no flying  area (I think because of Lockheed) :( That would be just awesome for me as I'm woking @Y!

I know that there's a RC airfield sccmas.org at Morgan Hill, but that kind of costy (and I'm not sure that needed for the testing phase, or needed for a quad/hexa copter at all).

So please anybody in the Bay Area let us know where can we fly.

Are you guys having a drone community in the Bay? I assume you're from the Bay... I would be happy to join or meet you to discuss and may fly together. I'm kind of new to this, I've just started to build my drones for a year, but till now I spent most of the time to build and not to fly (or fly it in my backyard :) ).  

Bay Trail, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
    • 3D Robotics

We have a meetup ("Friday Flyday") every other Friday at the Berkeley Marina. You can sign up here

• That's cool, thanks. Let me see when can I do it.

• 3D Robotics

They are also banned in East Bay Regional parks, Here's a map of those: http://www.ebparks.org/parks

• They did just ban East Bay Regional parks, which is most of the open space in the Bay Area.  I'll have to call them because I have two pending jobs that I filed a COA for at two dams.  It's hard hat area, so I think it will be fine.  

There's Bedwell Park in Menlo Park.  There's also Baylands park near Milpitas.  I see a lot of people practicing there, almost too many.  

I went to Treasure Island tonight.  I've been working so hard at getting accuracy with the 3D stuff, I forgot to just enjoy myself & get some great shots.  

I have a secret spot no one's discovered yet too :)  I practice both the flying and the 3D meshes there.  

I sail out of the Berkeley Marina Chris (w/ OCSC), I'll sign up one of these times.  

TI2.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702609850?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity