Dx-7 M2 and the AR7000 programming questions

I have a Dx-7 and AR7000 tx/rx system and iv been playing around with the settings on Dx-7 but few questions came to light and wondered who could help me .

imagesCA7K1BDJ.jpg

1) can I program the switches on the remote to control other ch apart from the standard stuff?

2) how do I get it to be able to flip trhu all flight modes because currently I can only set it up to flip between manual and what ever other flight mode I chose , I want control of all

3) my AR7000 is powering it self from the APM trhu any port is that okay?

4) on the DX-7 there are a Aux 1( gear) and Aux 2 but how do I make use of all the other switches because I'm only getting use out off Aux2

Any help welcome

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hi Johann,

My Easystar has ailerons, and a AR 6200 receiver, but I also use a DX7 transmitter.

I use the flap switch to control my 3 auto pilot modes and program the switch values as follows:-

Switch             FLAP                    ELEV

NORM            UP 50%                0%

MID                 DN 25%                0%

LAND             DN 90%                0%

My autopilot is the the UAV Dev Board, so I put these values into the options header:-

#define MODE_SWITCH_THRESHOLD_LOW                             2600

#define MODE_SWITCH_THRESHOLD_HIGH                            3400

You may already have a scheme for progamming the failsafe. The Spektrum Rx continues to generate servo pulses when the signal fails, but it sends the throttle closed signal that it learnt when the Rx was "bound" to the TX. Before I bind the system, I program the Tx's throttle channels lowest value to LOW 150% (using the travel adjust menu). After binding I return the throttle's lowest value to LOW 100%. Then I use these failsafe values:-

#define FAILSAFE_INPUT_CHANNEL                                        THROTTLE_INPUT_CHANNEL

#define FAILSAFE_INPUT_MIN                             2000            // changed from 1500 for Spektrum radio

#define FAILSAFE_INPUT_MAX                                                   4500

You can mix switched channels but it is very easy to get very mixed up. I did this with a DX5 which didn't have a 3 position switch.

Powering the Rx through any port is fine.

all the best.

Scouser

This reply was deleted.

Activity