Elevation Graph for more than 70KM

HI,

We are doing a test flight for more than 30mi, (15mi both ways). But we wanted to check the Elevation graph in the mission planner but we were getting the message that the distance is too big or too low waypoints.

We have added multiple waypoints to eliminate this cause, but we are still getting the message. We tried few waypoints, but the message was the same. 

We would like to know how can we fix it to get the elevation graph if more than 30mi ?

toomanfewWP.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK.

I will try do do it today evening and will let you know about results.

My mail: marekm (at) hhot (dot) pl

M.

• HI Marek, 

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your help and time, can you add like 2 zeros to make it from 50,000 to 5,000,000 once for all.  

are you in Poland?

your email is  hot (dot) pl   or  hhot (dot) pl ?? double h?

mine is:  wakedelie (at) gmail (dot)  com

Do you have skype, mine is donelie 

• mail with single "h"

Elie, is this distance for the UK?? If so it will not be permitted.

• HI Gary, 

This project is in Africa, they are afraid now to send cars with people to do the pipeline surveillance, they wants us to offer them a small UAV which can do the job. Our only issue is the elevation graph for the moment.

• This is a limitation for Google. I figured out the limit in the past, but can't remember it.
    Michael if you're reading this, would it be possible to trick GE by breaking the request into smaller blocks?
    • HI,

We found the limitation in the source code, we need to do it much more, how can we? 

Mission Planner source code file ElevationProfile.cs line 186

if (list.Count < 2 || coords.Length > (2048 - 256) || distance > 50000)
                  {
                      CustomMessageBox.Show("Too many/few WP's or to Big a Distance " + (distance / 1000) + "km", "Error");
                      return answer;
                  }
This reply was deleted.

Activity