Engines are less powerful!

Hello everyone, I flight with APM2 for several months.
I just update 2.8.1

I used a battery 3S and then I discovered that the batteries 4S make a Hexacopter more reactive!

Now I would to try to re-use my 3S batteries ... And my copter hard to take off (I have not added weight!) My engines are less powerful as!

I did a reset of my parameters, and I do not understand why my engine is less powerful!

Someone could help me? Sorry if the question already been asked, but I read quite hard English! I'm French!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes when I put the throttle to maximum, the copter rises slowly ..
    In fact I stored my battery charged 100% for 1 month, I did not think it would kill them!
    I think I'll disassemble my pack 3S to 4S pack manufacture !!

Maybe I'm too used to the 4S pack!!

Hello Plinio Augusto

i think that change the ESC, is not your solution, execpt your ESC 20 heat, it smeans it is undersized... !

• Hello Richard, thank you for réponse

Yes, before my copter was more powerful with my 3S ..
    Yet I reset the config of origin!

I have a 530 kv motor (Hobbyking in 4006)
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=...

Hexacopter 1.2 kg with propellers 12x4.5

what influences the power in the parameters??

• T3
    What do mean less powerful? Does your copter fly with 3S battery? What are the specs on your copter (motors, ESC, props, weight). Keep in mind that the 3S will lower the amount of throttle it takes to hover. I'm on vacation and don't have my transmitter to look at, but with my DX8 I can hover with 50% throttle and with 4S it takes 1 notch less. I'd guess it would be 10% or 20% less. This is normal since the 4S has higher voltage then the 3S.
    Merry Christmas,
    Richard
This reply was deleted.

Activity