Error - "Firmware is to big for 1280. Please Upgrade!!"

Hello there,
I need little guidance here. I am using the latest mission planner software. (Using MissionPlanner32-1.1.86.msi) When i select the correct icon (in my case ArduCopter V2.5.5 Alpha Quad) from the firmware menu. It detects the APM1 and also starts uploading the program on the APM1 but after while i get an error saying that

"Firmware is to big for a 1280. Please upgrade!!!"

I am not sure what i am doing wrong. I have selected the correct COM port as well as the baud rate (115200). I also haven't clicked on connect in Mission Planner as it says in the Manual. It would be so much helpful if anyone give me their input on this. I have attached few screenshots of the error i got. Please take a look at them and also let me know the solutions. Thank you so much for your time.

Cheers,
Keyur

3690935274?profile=original

3690934891?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Andrew. 2560 has the same pins, the difference is more memory but it might be easier to make and upload your own firmware using the arduino ide or visual studio.

• Kur, the hexes in MP are compiled for 2560 APM1 and APM2.

For 1280 processors, you have to compile for 1280 using the arduino ide yourself, and load the hex that way.

This reply was deleted.

Activity