Exported Mission - Format of Lat Lon

Can anyone tell me what the format is of this Lat / Lon information that is saved in the json file that is created upon a mission export?

{
"type" : "Circle",
"actions" : [ ],
"parameters" : {
"actionExecution" : "ACTIONS_EVERY_POINT",
"avoidObstacles" : true,
"avoidTerrain" : true,
"basePointsQnt" : null,
"flightClockwise" : true,
"followTerrain" : true,
"loops" : 1,
"noActionsAtLastPoint" : false,
"speed" : 1.0,
"wpTurnType" : "STOP_AND_TURN"
},
"circle" : {
"center" : {
"latitude" : 0.5196028561100023,
"longitude" : -1.670667653781758,
"altitude" : 40.970534454099834,
"altitudeType" : "AGL"
},
"radius" : 19.71779704093933
}

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greg - I owe you a beer sir.  I never would have guessed radians.  Thank you so much for your help!!!

Greg Fletcher said:

Interesting. What platform generated this file? Mission Planer, DJI app. Don't know so I googled json file. It is a human readable protocol for data objects to be transferred between different applications. As for the format of the lat/lon data it looks like decimal degrees which is what computers use as opposed to the historic navigation ways using minutes and seconds and then decimal seconds. If the lat/lon is in degrees your in the ocean west of Africa so it must be radians. I converted to decimal degrees and was in a nice neighborhood just west of Huston, Texas. To convert to degrees from radians, multiply by 180/pi. Enter lat/lon into the goggle maps search. Is this what you were looking for?

Exported Mission - Format of Lat Lon
    Can anyone tell me what the format is of this Lat / Lon information that is saved in the json file that is created upon a mission export? { type :…
  • Interesting. What platform generated this file? Mission Planer, DJI app. Don't know so I googled json file. It is a human readable protocol for data objects to be transferred between different applications. As for the format of the lat/lon data it looks like decimal degrees which is what computers use as opposed to the historic navigation ways using minutes and seconds and then decimal seconds. If the lat/lon is in degrees your in the ocean west of Africa so it must be radians. I converted to decimal degrees and was in a nice neighborhood just west of Huston, Texas. To convert to degrees from radians, multiply by 180/pi. Enter lat/lon into the goggle maps search. Is this what you were looking for?

This reply was deleted.

Activity