Extreme wobble

http://youtu.be/FtoZZ-Os8xkHey everyone!I am new to this game and have had about 15 minutes air time with my DIY drone. I'm running APM 2.5 with the latest arducopter firmware.I know that my compass is not 100% (not done the compasmot adjustment yet) and I have not put a cotton ball on the baro, as I have seen suggested.However, I'm slightly scared of flying this thing again until I know whats wrong.AS you see In the video my copter starts wobbeling. I had a crash yesterday but did'n get it on film, but the behaviour was identical.Has anyone experianced this, and perhaps someone can confirm fixing the compass and baro will stop this from happening?Please help!Jim

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you done an auto tune yet?

• I actually found out the cause of this. Slightly embarrased to say, but my ESC's weren't calibrated. 

• T3
    Looks like you're flying in Acro mode. What flight mode are you flying in? It should be stabilize. If it is stabilize you need to reset your parameters back to default.
    • Thanks for your answer. I totally agree that I might look like that but can assure you I fly in stabilize mode, and my and the flash-logs support that. 

Jim

• I would try decreasing your P values as it looks like they are most likely overcorrecting and cannot get back to a 'stabilized' orientation.  If you post a picture of your PIDs and quad, it may help to give you a starting point.

Jordan

This reply was deleted.

Activity