Failed to make sitl (software in the loop) on Windows

Hi Fellows,

I am following the instructions on http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/sitl-native-on-windows.html#sitl-native-on-windows to set up the SITL on the Windows and I ran into the problems, firstly, 

git clone git://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot.git did not check out all the files needed. i.e. dsdl in the uavcan 
is empty, therefore I have to check it out separately, secondly, there are compile error: please refer to the message below:

v.xian@SOPENG-VINCENT ~/ardupilot/ArduCopter
$ make sitl -j4
Checking modules
%% libraries/AP_Param/AP_Param.o
%% libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.o
// BUILDROOT=/tmp/ArduCopter.build HAL_BOARD=HAL_BOARD_SITL HAL_BOARD_SUBTYPE=HAL_BOARD_SUBTYPE_NONE TOOLCHAIN=NATIVE EXTRAFLAGS=-DGIT_VERSION="78442b7e" -I/home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Common/missing -DHAVE_CMATH_ISFINITE -DNEED_CMATH_ISFINITE_STD_NAMESPACE
%% libraries/GCS_MAVLink/MAVLink_routing.o
In file included from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Math/AP_Math.h:17:0,
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.h:9,
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS.h:10,
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.cpp:23:
/home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Math/quaternion.h: In member function 'bool Quaternion::is_nan() const':
/home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Math/quaternion.h:51:24: error: 'isnan' was not declared in this scope
return isnan(q1) || isnan(q2) || isnan(q3) || isnan(q4);
^
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Param/AP_Param.cpp:32:
/home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Math/quaternion.h: In member function 'bool Quaternion::is_nan() const':
/home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/AP_Math/quaternion.h:51:24: error: 'isnan' was not declared in this scope
^
C:/cygwin/home/v.xian/ardupilot/mk/build_rules.mk:27: recipe for target '/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.o' failed
make: *** [/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
C:/cygwin/home/v.xian/ardupilot/mk/build_rules.mk:27: recipe for target '/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/AP_Param/AP_Param.o' failed
make: *** [/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/AP_Param/AP_Param.o] Error 1
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS_MAVLink.h:9,
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/GCS.h:10,
from /home/v.xian/ardupilot/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/MAVLink_routing.cpp:24:
^
C:/cygwin/home/v.xian/ardupilot/mk/build_rules.mk:27: recipe for target '/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/MAVLink_routing.o' failed

What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance with best regards

Vincent

make: *** [/tmp/ArduCopter.build/libraries/GCS_MAVLink/MAVLink_routing.o] Error 1

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• SOLUTION

@pjmosquera 
    In mk directory you have board_native.mk file. Edit it and in line 6, replace :
    EXTRAFLAGS += -DHAVE_CMATH_ISFINITE -DNEED_CMATH_ISFINITE_STD_NAMESPACEwith EXTRAFLAGS += -DHAVE_CMATH_ISFINITE -DNEED_CMATH_ISFINITE_STD_NAMESPACE -DHAVE_CMATH_ISINF -DNEED_CMATH_ISINF_STD_NAMESPACE -DHAVE_CMATH_ISNAN -DNEED_CMATH_ISNAN_STD_NAMESPACE
    You should be able to run 
    make sitl -j4

galoulebougalou - Overview
    GitHub is where galoulebougalou builds software.
  • Same issue, may use achmadz solution but dont know if I compile for pix4 I will get correct build

• I'm in the same boat. Just wanted to comment to show some activity on this.

• Replacing all call to isnan and isinf with std::isnan and std::isinf seems to put a band-aid on it...

http://www.ahowto.net/mt_rand/cygwin-failed-to-build-ardupilot-beca...

ahowto.net - ahowto Resources and Information.
      ahowto.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find…
This reply was deleted.

Activity