Feature request: Constant forward velocity

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but pretty sure I'll be pointed in the right direction if not :)

Today I did a bit of filming and would have loved a feature whereby I could get a steady forward motion and then lock that forward speed. It would free me up to do manage the path and yaw without also worrying about keeping it moving forward.

The reason it was tough to keep it going forward was a varying headwind which kept "stalling" the forward motion.

As ever, thanks for an awesome FC!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• you can if you fly loiter mode and set the speed to channel 6....you can then set full forward stick.

Whether loiter is smooth enough you though is up to you. I think the non gps modes are still better/smoother.

edit, or fly in loiter and add an offset using a switch/knob in the transmitter mixer(s)....but be very careful you can rest to zero when required. Loiter stick commands are speed as is, so will compensate for wind within limits.

• Interesting idea you gave me - why not use a spare control as a forward-stick mixer? 

I have a DX9 which has more knobs than channels - I could use one of them for that.

I still think my idea has legs though ;) flick a switch and last command stays so craft will continue on current stick values.

This reply was deleted.

Activity