Firmware connection failure

My APM and MP communicate fine through MP and 3dr radios, can load settings, wps, get telemetry, etc... but when I try and update the APM ardupilot firmware it fails connection after "reading hex".  I have searched and read other posts for hours with no success.  No other ports are open on my pc when trying to update firmware, etc...... My configuration is listed below.  PLEASE help!

APM 2.5

upgrading to Arduplane 3.0.3 from ??? a year or more old version.

3dr Radio

MP 1.3.5

Firmware connection failure after "reading hex"

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, used the USB with no battery connected and was able to update the firmware NP. With the 3dr I was not connected through may but no dice. Thanks for the reply.
    • Hi, firmware update works only through USB.

The reason is that the bootloader, which is the only software component that can do the job, is only active for a second or so after reset. The USB serial port on APM and on Arduinos is therefore made so it will reset the APM per hardware when a signal is set. That's also why the APM resets when connecting from MP via USB - really it would have been nice without a reset, but the mentioned hardware signal is always activated when using a serial port.

If having an APM with a broken USB port, it should still be possible to upgrade - connect an FTDI cable to the UART0 pads on the board and manually press the reset button "at the right time".

Regards

Soren

• Are you using the USB cable, not the radio, and don't press the connect tab.

This reply was deleted.

Activity