Firmware won't load in my brand new Pixhawk from 3DR

Howdy, 

I recently got a brand new Pixhawk directly from 3DR (Yes I paid more for a genius one) and when I installed Mission Planner then plugged my Pixhawk into USB. 

First thing I do (after reading manuals) is go to the firmware upload, I selected Hexa which it going to go on and start process. 

It asked me to Click OK and unplug the USB then plug it back in which I did in exact order. 

It would say connecting on the bottom left of MP then a box pop up something error uploading firmware. 

I have manually remove driver, uninstalled and reinstalled MP several time but same result. I searched on this forum and seem several have this issue but none of their solution worked for me. 

What I should do? I am using Samsung i7 laptop running Windows 8.1 

Thank you

Bill 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@TechBill,

I assume that you have attached the arming switch and the beeper?

Have you tried reseating the micro SD card?

I use a HP laptop running Windows 8.1 and have no problem communicating with my Pixhawks.

However, I power my Pixhawk with an USB adapter that can supply up to 2 Amps directly to the Pixhawk and does not rely on the laptop USB power.

You might try using a powered USB hub and make sure that your USB cables are not defective or intermittent.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Ok adding a beeper fixed it and it updating firmware.

Now it said Please waiti for musical tones to finish before clicking OK 

Since I am Deaf,, how long should I leave it before clicking OK?  5 minutes? or when center LED stop flashing?

Bill

• Developer

until leds stop flashing should be fine

• The biggest led in the middle? One near the arrow marking? 

It been about 10 minutes still flashing... Keep waiting?

Bill

• Admin

@TechBill,

What are the three leds on each side of the Pixhawk doing?

Not being able to hear the musical startup tones is going to leave you at a disadvantage unless you can have a friend tell you what the tones are so that you can relate them to the Pixhawk status leds and then you will not need the tones.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• The 3 led on one side 

nearest to Pixhawk label - soild green

middle - rapid blinking amber

last - blinking blue 

Other side - one solid green

last - off

Led in middle - blinking yellowish two blink pause two blink pause repeats

switch led - blinking red - 4 rapid blinks pause 4 rapid blink pause - repeats

Bill

• it been over 20 minutes now, some leds still flashing, Click OK or leave it some more?

Bill

• Admin

@TechBill,

After a firmware upload, the MP restarts the Pixhawk and there is usually a rising tone repeated three times and then silence which should take less than 15 sec. At that time you can click OK and the MP should try to connect with the Pixhawk over the MavLink connection.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Thank you for all your help!

Have a great flying year.

Bill

• I went ahead and clicked OK then click Connect 

Seem to be working now .. when I move the pixhawk yaw, it show it being yawed on the MP. 

Thank you

Bill

This reply was deleted.

Activity