Firmware won't load in my brand new Pixhawk from 3DR

Howdy, 

I recently got a brand new Pixhawk directly from 3DR (Yes I paid more for a genius one) and when I installed Mission Planner then plugged my Pixhawk into USB. 

First thing I do (after reading manuals) is go to the firmware upload, I selected Hexa which it going to go on and start process. 

It asked me to Click OK and unplug the USB then plug it back in which I did in exact order. 

It would say connecting on the bottom left of MP then a box pop up something error uploading firmware. 

I have manually remove driver, uninstalled and reinstalled MP several time but same result. I searched on this forum and seem several have this issue but none of their solution worked for me. 

What I should do? I am using Samsung i7 laptop running Windows 8.1 

Thank you

Bill 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Beeper must be attached?  I am Deaf so  I have no use for beeper.

I will go attach it now and try again.

BIll

• Admin

@TechBill,

Sorry to hear that, but the startup tones produced by the beeper can help you understand and troubleshoot startup issues when the laptop is trying to communicate with the Pixhawk. Do you have a friend who can relate to you what tones are being produced during the startup sequence?

The onboard status leds can help too to determine the status of the Pixhawk.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• BTW no need to feel sorry for me being Deaf, I was born Deaf and been Deaf for the last 50 years so I didn't lose anything since I never had it to begin with ;) 

I do feel sorry for those hearing folks who lose their hearings later in their life and get depress about it ;(

LEDs still blinking and it been over 30 minutes ..   Anyone here think it may be done?

Bill

• Admin

@TechBill,

I have gradually lost my hearing as I have grown older (I am 69 yrs old now) and wear hearing aids in both ears to understand conversations clearly, but I can hear most environmental noises without them.

As I said before, without being able to hear the startup tones you are going to be at a disadvantage to know when to click the MavLink connect button on the MP to start a connection with the Pixhawk. Since I listen for the startup tones to end to know when to start the MavLink connection I do not know what the Pixhawk leds are doing at that time.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• What do I watch for onboard LED to know it done updating firmware and click "OK" since I cannot hear the musical tones?

Bill

This reply was deleted.

Activity