Hi everyone,

I'm researching into my first quad. One thing that is very improtant for me is the autopilot capacity (will be used for research). I was set on the 3DR X8, when I saw the Turbo Ace Matrix. It seems to check all the boxes...except for the flight control system.

My impressions is that it would be simple to buy the Matrix DIY kit without the Naza, and then build it with the Pixhawk system instead. But since I'm new at this, are there any potential problems I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Super X better. Sure you want to build a Matrix? Big, dangerous machine. I would recommend a dry run on something much smaller, much cheaper. There a 1000 opinions on FC's but my experience has the Pixhawk with some issues. Not used by too many pros. That said I may now be lambasted. The Super X has had few detractors. Very smooth.

Good luck

• Thanks for the tip, didn't know about the The Super X. It doesn't seem to allow mission planning and autonomous flight, however. As for the Matrix size, we want it exactly for the size and payload capacity.

• Apparently Super X will have waypoint and POI upgrades late this summer. For this reason I decided to go with Super X instead of Wookong. I did a lot of study on the Pixhawk, read a lot of forums and just decided I didn't want to deal with the bugs and complexity of setting it up. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity