Flight Controller for 2.5m Octocopter

Hi,I have started a build of a 2.5m Octocopter.One of the many difficulties lies with the flight controller, as the ones I have seen are sometimes limited in size, presumably because of the PID algorithms.Does anybody know or have experience to recommend a flight controller suitable?Many thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I want to know what's you power system?

• Beware that the more big are the propellers the more difficult is to control their inertia.

Start with a smaller and most important with a lightest copter do some filming and then reconsider your project. t

You will probably find that flight time is essential when you do filming especially if you have a director without very clear ideas.

Anyway I will start with a traditional Pixhawk and not a Pixhawk 2.1 , if you buy a Pixhawk made in Usa it is more reliable than the 2.1 IMO

• Thanks for the suggestion Armin Strobel, I will have a look.

I should have explained more perhaps, the platform is for filming, so I am looking for something very stable.

I am also quite interested to delve into the system, if it is open, but thats another thing.

• Depends on the application you looking to use your vehicle for.

Without that knowledge i would advise anything where you can install the PX4 firmware stack. For a big machine I probably would use Pixhawk 2.1

• Thanks for the suggestions OG, most of those are new to me.
    It will take me some time to real about them in turn.
  • Here are some of flight controllers Dji N4 , A2, A3 , MikroKopter Flight Ctrl , TopXGunT1 , PX4, PIX-HAWK CUBE, PIX-HAWK

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjvgfSPiILY…
This reply was deleted.

Activity