Flight Plan Behavior

Im wondering what the difference between "Home" location is compared to "RTL" location. Does the aircraft return to where I hand launch or the location of home?

Also if i have a triangular, or square pattern for that matter, how is the aircraft supped to behave when it gets to a waypoint? Does it circle the waypoint and then go to the next, or does it fly near the waypoint within the programmed radius and then to the next waypoint.

i flew a route yesterday and my aircraft's behavior was a bit odd. my aircraft did hit waypoints but not point to point. it was as thought it got lost in between waypoints and "hunted" for the next. it was a bit windy, in the range of 15+ mph so im not sure if this was a factor.

Can someone please explain to me how the aircraft should behave when flying routes so i note unexpected behaviours?

Thanks

Erik

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

"Home" and "Launch" mean the same thing. RTL means Return to Launch.  You can set it manually, but it's automatically set when you first get GPS lock at the field.

When the UAV gets within the pre-defined strike radius of a waypoint, that counts as a hit and it moves on the next waypoint. If it misses a waypoint, it will circle once to try to hit it again, then move on to the next one.

This reply was deleted.

Activity