I am writing a software for ArduPilot aerial survey flight planning, I intend to make it FREE for download for DIYDRONES community. This software would be similar to commercially available programs for Micropilot based Cropcam UAV. I would like to know what kind of features you would be looking for. Your feedback would be very helpful.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would like to be able to click in a live feed and get an estimated LAT/LOG position for that target that I clicked on.
  • In case the excel workbook might be of interest also to others, here it is.

The spreadsheet is not advanced, just something I made for fast calculations when planning aerial photo missions. I start by calculating the distance between flight lines and each triggerpoint/photo. (Input; camera parameters, flight height and -speed, etc). Then the waypoints are built to correspond. 

Note; I originally developed this for the T3-4 competition for my EasyUAV, (EZStar using a flexipilot autopilot). It has the ability to loop over waypoints, so I just used 6 or 7 waypoints which was looped over a number of times. I do not know how this will relate to programming of other ap's.

The resulting flight-pattern can be viewed here: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/t3-round-4-map-a?id=705844%3ABl...

Photomission planning.xls

• Fouad,

Mail sent, hope it might be of some help

• Nice post,

As a start:

- Focal length of camera.

- Flying height above datum or photo scale for certain elevation.

- Size of photo.

- Size ans shape of area to be photographed.

- Expected diff. from nadir photo

- Overlap.

- Sidelap.

=> Flight pattern generation

=> Trigger settings

I have excel sheet that I use for this type of calculations. If you PM an e-mail adress, I can send it

• hi, I know this is an old thread, but can email me your excel sheet ?

• I assume that you know the characteristics of the software provided by http://www.lentsika.ceped.it/

I have done a few aerial geographic surveys using an autopilot in a Telemaster airframe. I did the mission planning by hand. Your efforts would be very welcome.

If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer them based on my experience.
    Lentsika by CePED
  • Developer
    What would it do differently than the flight planning tools we have now (QGroundControl, HappyKillmore's GSC, Mike O's Planner)?

Having never seen a cropcam setup I'm not sure what the general functionality you are talking about is...
This reply was deleted.

Activity