SOLVED - I am going to put this down to loss of radio signal.
- Setup failsafes with the current orange radio receiver. The signal now defaults to center stick for all inputs and is set to RTL.
- Purchased a frsky transmitter & receiver that will hopefully prove more reliable
My quadcopter crashed today during Alt Hold. This is not the first time it has happened but last time was on a different frame.
I have looked through the logs and can see the event, but not the underlying cause.
The data I have include is:
- tlog (view from 98% onwards)
- Screenshot of Mavlink Log Graph
- Raw logs
- KML file
- Google Earth Snapshot Google%20Earth%20Snapshot.png
- Video http://youtu.be/p-tGLiY2TdA
- Parm file
- Hardware: APM 2.5
- Modes: All in simple
- Quadcopter - X configuration
- Arducopter v2.9.1b
- 3DR Radio (US 915Mhz)
- Turnigy 9xr
- Orange DSM2 Transmitter & Reciever
Events that led to the crash (See Google Earth Screenshot)
- Climb to 30m
- Landed / hovered low (can't quite remember)
- Took off again
- Flew from one side of the oval to the other
- Turned (quadcopter) 180 degrees. [Not my body]
- Changed to Alt Hold (although I think my intention was to switch to RTL)
- Quadcopter bank left (my left) & speed up
- I tried to counteract the roll immediatley without success
- I attempted to switch to Stabilise (maybe too late)
- Slowly lost altitude and crashed
- Motors were still spinning at full speed when I found it
View the tlog from about 98% onwards to see the incident.
I really don't understand why it would so aggressively roll and increase throttle to the maximum.
I have never altered the ALT HOLD PID settings as they are unfamiliar to me. But generally ALT HOLD seems to work reasonable well without modifications.
It would be greatly appreciated if someone could provide some insight as to what to look for or alternatively have a brief look.