Flying with v2.5.01

Had a few flights this morning with v2.5.01, things went pretty well and I had my GPS logger with me so was able to log the flight. RTL worked fine and AUTO sort of OK too after some tweaking, not using autopilot throttle yet and I've changed the following: HEAD_P : 0.35, HEAD_I : 0, LOITER_RADIUS : 70 (m) My plane is a 148cm (58") span scratch built twin boom type

Some things I noticed: if I up the HEAD_P then I get lots of snaking but if I lower it then I don't get a positive enough response to heading (wapoints missed etc) and if the wind's blowing at all then things don't look good at all. The problem partly I think is with the 'slow' EM406 GPS (perhaps time for a UBLOX although the minute I get one, the recommended hardware will be upgraded to a 10Hz GPS)

Had an error with the aircraft climbing too much so will have to look into that too but reasonable success

This is the RTL track, the white line is 80m long so loiter radius seems a tiny bit out...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Then you need some tuning ;-) I'm just in from a 12 knot circling flight, testing something else whilst the circling was happening

40 minutes of round and round for 22 odd km through the air you can see where i was having wind issues, will fly a couple of kmh faster next time

Maybe that circle is too tight for your airframe?? I'm only using a 406 so that's probably not the issue. How was the airspeed situation, was it being contained well?? Have you looked to see just how many sats were in the sky??
  • Apparently the wind was blowing from the NW
This reply was deleted.

Activity