Garbage output mixed in w/ overlay MinimOSD

Here's what I'm running:

GoPro

MinimOSD w/ ArduCAMOSD_19_MAV10.hex

APM2 w/ 2.6

It _sort of_ works...in that it works fine, but in areas where there is NO overlay activity, there are garbage characters overlaid.

When I power up the OSD, at first I get a clear video feed, then as soon as OSD starts to boot, I see this garbage anywhere there isn't OSD generated overlay.  Everything else works fine. 

I've re-updated the firmware, and even tried dumping on the newest .mcm charset I could find, which made no difference.  I'm NTSC but I've tried the settings for both w/ no difference.

I've searched around a bit and can't seem to find any posts about this occuring w/ other folks.

Ideas?

Thanks

3690943078?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I too have this on my screen. Did anyone figure out a solution to this?

• I suspected the voltage regulator, so rather than using 12v to power the board, I used the 5v configuration with the bypass solder contact and I have not had this problem since. Does the OSD's voltage regulator get weak after time?

• Did you ever fix this?  I am now suddenly experiencing exactly this same isssue....  Worked great for a couple months.. Then one day..  It does this.. I also tried reflashing the firmware, tried reconfiguring... Didn't help...

• Did you guys figure this out?  I have had it happen and have fixed it by reloading the charset file. Now it happened while I was at the field. Re-powering up several times with rests between didn't help. When I got home, it works fine. That is not helpful.

This reply was deleted.

Activity