Getting started.

I have an rc plane that I inherited.It's gutted and only came with the basic k&b .61 motor.Any suggestions on radio equipment?Its also got a 7ft wingspan and a fuselage around 6 ft.I was thinking a 5 or 6 ch futaba at 2.4 ghz 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the help guys. I have flown the EZ's and have done some sim time, but I'm looking to eventually build this up as a "UAV" through a series of integration. Just wanted to know if anyone has recommendations from experience as to what equipment to get?
  • i think if you never flew before you might want to get a simulator and practice on your computer a bit before trying out a .61 motor 7ft rc plane, you will also need to install servos to control the airleons, rudder, elevons, and if there are flaps on the plane youll ned to control those too with servos, so definitely 6+ channels, if you are interested in using apm with it more channels is better, for guides on how to setup an rcplane try searching here
    RCGroups: Remote Control, Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars and Boats
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
This reply was deleted.

Activity