GPS time stamp

Is there a simple way to convert the time stamps in either the ArduGCS ot the Happy Killmore GCS data files into real time? I need to be able to have the actual time so I can tie it to the photos that were taken at that given instance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any progress on the update yet or has it already been incorporated?

Also, the "datetime" value in the APM Status tab reads blank.  Is there any way of turning it on?

• Developer
    Just FYI for any following this thread - the current intent is to change the timestamp handling in APM so that all timestamps can be reported as UNIX time in milliseconds.  This work has been started, but has been a low priority and is incomplete.  Once that work is done conversion from the timestamp to "real" time and date by a GCS will be straightforward.
  • 3D Robotics
    Can you explain your question a bit more? The telemetry string includes the time in UTC, which is easy to convert to local time. Where exactly do you want this data saved? Are you using APM to trigger the camera, and you just want to save that action/timestamp in the onboard datalog mission file? If so, that's pretty easy to do.
This reply was deleted.

Activity