- Rebuilding a 3DR hexa to a y-6
- Switching the battery from Deans to XT60
- Switching from 3S to 4S batteries
- Reversed polarity on a power module (mold line in the connector made the - look like a +)
- Big spark and toasty circuit smell
- replaced the power module
- 3DR APM 2.5 still lights up, responds to APM software via USB and wireless telemetry
- Went through all of the setup steps
- No matter what I do, I can't get the motors to spin back up.
- I'm pretty sure I get into ESC calibration mode (blink pattern on apm 2.5 matches description in ESC calibration guide), but no 'beeps' from the ESC/motors, no nothing.
- I have a voltmeter and a digital oscilloscope, but have a 14mo kid and time is precious, am hoping to avoid the detailed investigation on what I fried.
- Do I need to replace the 6 20amp 3DR ESCs? they seem 'dead'
- Do I need to replace the APM itself? It seems to work in all other ways
- Is there a simple way to test where my problem is? How to test ESCs? APM?
I love this stuff, and this silly problem is standing between me and my first FPV flight. ARgh!!DF#@$#