Hitec Optima 9 Receiver to Ardu

I am trying to hook my Hitec Optima 9 Receiver that came with my Aurora 9 Controller to Ardu (APM 2.5). I looked through the 'Connecting your RC input and motor' documentation and it seems tailored for the pre-made kits. Is there documentation that explains how to hook this up? 

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also I bought the 915Mhz (US) Telemetry set. Is there a way to use the  Aurora 9 Controller to see that information? If so any documentation on that would be very helpful!

Thanks

• Thank you Gary very much for taking the time to reply. I am embarrassed to say that Yes I was asking about the wiring. I did read through the Wikis and it seems tailored to the KITS you can buy. The information you gave is exactly what I needed. I was going to try and hook up the 4 inputs for Roll, Pitch, Throttle, Yaw and try to hook up the other 4 inputs for aux. Can you use 8 of the 9 channels to do this to program things such as flight plans, come home, etc?

I guess I will need to try and find all the cables or make them to connect the two devices together. How do you do the power to the Optima? I am guessing it is 5V.

I am sure through the process I will have more questions and I greatly appreciate your helping me. I am new to this as you can no doubtabily tell :)

• Hi Clinton,

I have Aurora 9 transmitter and Optima 6, 7, and 9 receivers all happily running my small fleeet of Quadcopters including DJI F450, F350, KK X525 and even a Gaui 500X.

Physically wiring up the receiver shouldn't be a problem (as it is fully described on the Arducopter and ArduPilot Wikis) so I guess you are having difficulties with the setting up of the Aurora 9 transmitters assorted options?

I am using -40 percent expo on roll and pitch, but other than that everything should be set as a normal ACRO airplane and you should assign your receiver channel 5 to the three position switch C.

If it is the wiring you are talking about, they are just showing you the wiring method with the fewest possible wires. You can actually use full connectors / cables from each receiver channel to each APM input channel. Their method eliminates redundant power and ground leads to the receiver (you need at least one set of power and ground so power is carried to the receiver.

On the output end there is a BEC (power supply) on each ESC (speed control) and they are running only the signal lead from all ESCs except one which has signal and power and ground leads on it. They do this to avoid running multiple power supplies in parallel with each other. 

I hope this helps, if you have additional qusetions, please ask.

This reply was deleted.

Activity