HK600GT Drone with APM2.5

Hey Guys,

I am brand new to this form (1st post), and the wonderful world of drones.  I have recently set up a DJI NAZA 550 with an APM2.5 board and am loving it, so I decided to make an attempt on a traditional helicopter frame using an inexpensive HK600GT as the "Guinea Pig".  I am not new to RC helicopters, as I own and fly several different sizes, from 500 up to 700 gassers.  I will be starting the project in the next couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions and picture of how they mounted their board on a 600 size electric helicopter?  I am also a little weary on setting up the PIDs when I get this complete; anyone have good starting numbers for me on a 600 electric?

Stay tuned; I will update this thread as I progress with my experiment.

Jim

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jim,

First off it's great you're taking on the helicopters.  You'll probably find that most helicopter related post are in the APM for traditional heli thread.  Check out the big giant 2.9.1 thread, you'll find a lot of stuff, and some sample configs of people running 600 size helicopters.

From the top of my head, make sure you have your vibration in order, you might want to use the internal filter to lower the refresh rate.   

This reply was deleted.

Activity