HM-TRP modules, start from the beginning

I just bought a couple of  HM-TRP 868GHz Hope modules and I would like to make a telemetry system.

I have been loking for the information in this 3DR part of the forum but I think a bit dumb  I couldn´t find the information.

I just try to use the modules as they com from the factory.

Y make two test boards and one of them I conected to a FTDI 

I conected this way

FTDI         Module

VCC         3,3V regulator  VCC

GND         GND

TX            Rx

Rx           Tx

DTR         NONE

CTS         NONE

I start from changing the baud rate   with the AA commands

I have send some AA  sentences from a Hyperterminal Program connected  @ 9600bps with the Com port (USB) 

I type the sentence

AA FA C3 00 00 E1 00 to change the wireless baud rate (57600) and the module record this parameter

When I type the nest sentence, 

AA FA C3 00 00 E1 00  to change the UART baud rate (57600) after I send the sentence  I could not talk to the module anymore.

I did a new connection with 57600 baud rate but it does not answer the correct answers. I have answers but it looks like is in another baud rate.

I don´t know how to go back and star from the beginning.

I just thought  to star changing the bootloader and the firmware to conect them to the 3DR program.

Can anybody tell me something about how to change the boot and the FW.

Thanks a lot.

Alberto

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I noticed this topic is 2 years old but I am in the same situation as the initiator... I bought a simple HM-TRP module but it need to write a bootloader in order to make it communicate with Mission Planner 3DR firmware upload section. Any other hardware solution for a DYI C2 programmer instead of using a LPT port? I am asking because  it is 2014, maybe the Chinese people invented / copied something at cheaper prices :)

• Even if it's fall of 2014, I'm still using LPT programmer :-)

• Hi!

Do you know if OlliW's idea to use Arduino for uploading firmware in some Silabs based ESCs could work for programming HM-TRP too?

Thank you!

owSilProg, BLHeliTool, BLHeliBox: Tutorials
        • I have not tried that, but Arduino is so cheap that it's worth to try :-)

• Yes, that is why I want to try it. Buying a SiLabs USB debug adapter would cost more than a complete telemetry kit so Arduino is on my immediate future experiments :). Maybe it will work after all... all that I need is an C2 interface programmer, right?

• Exactly.

• OK Marcin, I think I have an C2 interface programmer :). I "think" because I uploaded some firmware on Arduino Nano but I don't know how to use this new device, I don't have an app for flashing the damn bootloader. OlliW has an app but I think this is only for flashing ESC's, there is a zip archive containg all the required files for this C2 programmer.

On the other hand, someone on RCG showed me anprogrammer that could work for flashing the SiK bootloader but he did not try yet. I wonder what application could be used for flashing. In the meantime I am looking for an LPT bracket for my desktop PC :) so I could try your solution. Google translate messes up things on the Polish forum so it is very hard for me to have a clear picture what I have to do for flashing the HM-TRP module. I only guess that I have to use Slabprog app but I don't know which hardware schematic. Could you please help me in respect to this?

Thanks!

owSilProg, BLHeliTool, BLHeliBox: Tutorials
                • I've never used FlashLoad Lite.

Try this, it works fine for me: http://silabs.org.ua/sp_en.htm#SP

Slabprog: simply programmer for C2 Silabs MCU
                  • OK, my mistake, I told you, Google translate can speak Polish very well :)), English translation is a mess. I just read it more carefully and I noticed that it is about another software, Silabs C2 programmer. Anyway, the good news is that it works!!! I could even load the complete 3DRadio firmware. I don't have the whole telemetry kit to check the connectivity but I guess it is working (after I burnt the bootloader, the red led was flashing, after I flashed the main hex the green LED is slowly flashing) as it should. This is great, the Flashblaster2 programmer is worthy to be realized on a dedicated PCB. Never know when I'll buy another virgin HM-TRP module :))

Thank you for your instruction!

• If OlliW app can program any hex - use something from my post:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/hm-trp-868-sik-software-link-prob...

Remember - use correct one for your frequency range.

Try FlashLoadLite http://dilogic.hr/Downloads/Files/FLLiteSetup.zip , I'm not sure if it can handle Arduino C2 programmer.

Other way is to use Slabprog with FlashBlaster2, I've buid this one:

http://dilogic.hr/Downloads/Documents/flblastsch2.pdf

This reply was deleted.

Activity