HM-TRP modules, start from the beginning

I just bought a couple of  HM-TRP 868GHz Hope modules and I would like to make a telemetry system.

I have been loking for the information in this 3DR part of the forum but I think a bit dumb  I couldn´t find the information.

I just try to use the modules as they com from the factory.

Y make two test boards and one of them I conected to a FTDI 

I conected this way

FTDI         Module

VCC         3,3V regulator  VCC

GND         GND

TX            Rx

Rx           Tx

DTR         NONE

CTS         NONE

I start from changing the baud rate   with the AA commands

I have send some AA  sentences from a Hyperterminal Program connected  @ 9600bps with the Com port (USB) 

I type the sentence

AA FA C3 00 00 E1 00 to change the wireless baud rate (57600) and the module record this parameter

When I type the nest sentence, 

AA FA C3 00 00 E1 00  to change the UART baud rate (57600) after I send the sentence  I could not talk to the module anymore.

I did a new connection with 57600 baud rate but it does not answer the correct answers. I have answers but it looks like is in another baud rate.

I don´t know how to go back and star from the beginning.

I just thought  to star changing the bootloader and the firmware to conect them to the 3DR program.

Can anybody tell me something about how to change the boot and the FW.

Thanks a lot.

Alberto

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You're welcome :-)

• Hi Marcin!

It's 2015 and the LPT programmer is still the cheapest solution for burning the 868mhz bootloader, I guess, right? :))

Finally, I have some time for this abandoned project... I assembled the Flashblaster2 C2 programmer on a breadboard (I checked a few time, I hope nothing is wrong with all those wires), got an old computer with a LPT port, I installed the FlashLoad Lite Software but I only get the error:

"Unknown chip type: IDCODE=0x0316".

What could this mean? Is the programmer OK ? It a little hard to debug locally because I have restricted acces to this old PC with LPT port.

One more question: The Flashblaster2 programmer has some more pins beside you specified in your previous posts (TMS/RST, TD0). Are they necessary? RST pin?

I connected 3V, GND, C2CK and C2DAT pins only. 

Thanks,

Florin

• I'm not able to reply below.

Should work if you'll have software supporting it.

• Hi Marcin!

Yesterday I tried once again with Arduino and a flashing app from Silabs - 8-bit Production Programmer (this one works on COM ports) but again, no luck (this app expects some Silabs programmer. Someone on RCG pointed me this programmer. From what I have read, in theory, this should work for flashing the HM-TRP module. What do you think about it?

Thanks!

• I've already know about your ready made bootloaders, I have the 868mhz one in my PC :). Unfortunately FlashLoadLite requires a LTP port in order to work so no chance for Arduino programmer.

• Hello Marcin,

I have been looking for the programmer but in Spain is out of stock, I think I can build as you did my own paralel prot programmer.

but I have a doubt (a lot actually)

In the schematic I can see several components called 100E , I don´t know what component is this I can imagine is a ressistor of 100 Ohmn but I am not sure (now you can see my electronics level) 

I think I need two 

74HC125N DIP14

Is any different betwin  74HC125 and the 74HC125D

If mine doen´t work. I can buy one like this.

Also I have seen this programmer

2.jpg?width=721

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Xilinx-JTAG-Parallel-Cable-III-FPGA-CPLD-pro...

Do you think I can use it. I think it is OK for the Module.

For the program to flash the IC I have seen the flashload lite

Am I in the right way??

Thanks

Alberto

• You have to upload SiK firmware to modules using proper programmer.

Take a look at my post at Polish forum (use Google Translator): http://rc-fpv.pl/viewtopic.php?t=8011

Here you can find compiled firmware and bootloader files: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/hm-trp-868-sik-software-link-prob....

Polskie Forum FPV • Wyświetl temat - Radiomodem "za grosze"
This reply was deleted.

Activity