Holybro S500 Kit Information

Hi all. I’m new to the site and I’ve spent the last few months doing a lot of research on drones. During the pandemic, I purchased a DJI Phantom 4 and had fun learning to fly.

I have a background in cyber security and Linux/software development.  I want to put together a Pixhawk 4 drone and run the PX4 flight stack.  My goal is to learn the inner workings of an open source drone and potentially develop some software.  I'm particularly interested in imaging and data analystics.

I’m currently considering a Holybro S500 kit with a FrSky Taranis X9D transmitter.  I'd like to add a camera and companion computer like an RPi.  I'm looking for suggestions from anyone with a similar rig. 

Thanks

Nick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for helping me out. I also discovered the website https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/success/ when looking for it online, and now I can read essay samples there without having to pay for them to create my essays.
    Free Essays on Success, Examples, Topics, Outlines - WritingUniverse
    Need some inspiration before writing Success essay? Explore 100% free Success essays, research paper examples and choose any topic you need.
  • Hi Nick, You could work with an aircraft as small as an F450 or fixed wing as small as Nano Talon. Smaller the better for learning. Easy to pack, easy to setup, and all relatively safe. If you want to learn how to integrate DroneKit, OpenCV, MavProxy, YOLO, etc. into your aircraft, we have some courses, internships, and projects you could join.
  • I found some components that will work, though I may start with a smaller drone and use that for learning.
This reply was deleted.

Activity