Two days ago I realized that everytime I start my APM 2.5 installed in an apprentice plane (from Eflite) with Arduplane v.2.68 and MP 1.2.32. the artificial horizon in MP is shaking specially on the "y" axis (pitch signal)even when the plane is on the bench with no wind nor vibration. I tried to solve it by restarting the APM and also did the level in configuration/arduplane level/level(button). But the problem persist.

I have three main questions:

1. Is there any kind of deep calibration of gyros/imu unit to solve this problem?
2. What would be an acceptable signal variation for the horizon?
3. what could be causing the changes in modes without rc transmitter interaction?

Attached are Tlog and Rtlog. Help would very appreciated.

I´m also having the problem of modes changing without any transmitter interaction, this problem can also be seen on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA-CGD0SoI0&feature=youtu.be

thank you for your help,

Inti

2013-01-29 15-20-51.tlog

2013-01-29 15-20-51.rlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Guys, I have the same issue, I will try to test it Outside as well... 

The bouncing actually stops when the ''use airspeed'' fonction is disabled. I am Using the Ublox as well... So what has the GPS and the Airspeed sensor in commun to make this PFD move when the aircraft is stable? Is it a Gyros compensation? Accelero maybe?

Thanks

• Couple of questions - firstly are you using the uBlox GPS? If so, are you testing indoors?

Changes to the way the orientation vectors are calculated in the last versions of Arduplane (I think it was around v2.5 that the change happened) and the highly sensitive uBlox GPS means that indoors you will see some bouncing movement on the artificial horizon. Try taking it outdoors and the problem should go away.

I'm not sure what is causing your mode change issue.

This reply was deleted.

Activity