I am currently doing some research on quadcopters and i am developing an algorithm to stabilize the quadcopter more.

i need to read the PPM signals from the RF receiver (which i have done using PulseIn() function)

as the first phase i tried to bypass the signals through my external arduino board. it wasn't a success. only armed once and then quad doesn't arm. ( FYI : at the only time it got armed, the control was unsatisfactory. didn't respond to my manual commands) 

is there anybody who can help me to complete my task

what i want is take radio signals and do some processing before send it to the quadcopter main control board

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i tested the output of the signals with connected to a servo and it was working, but when i connect it to the copter control board, it doesn't work :(

• "i tested the output of the signals with connected to a servo" - that is not good enough, you need one of (digital oscilloscope, or analog oscilloscope, or logic analyzer) to compare the input and output and see what is the difference between the 2 signals.

I got this one: http://www.linkinstruments.com/mso9201.htm  it's a digital oscilloscope and logic analyzer in one, but it is very expensive, so I doubt you are willing to get it for a one time job thing.... there are others similar at lower frequencies, that you could probably use for what you need.

• Not what he was asking but thanks for the info there.  

I am doing something similar using an APM 2.5 and an Arduino Mega 2560.

The mega is taking in the RC input and checking multiple sensors before sending the signal out to the APM.  I haven't quite got this code working yet but try reading over these.  The guy made a passthrough code using interrupts to speed up the responses.  

http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-read-multiple-rc-chann...

I know that if you are in the same bind as I am trying to get this to work you have probably already found that, but just in case.  He does a good job of explaining whats going.  

How To Read Multiple RC Channels
        This post builds on previous posts to show a technique for reading multiple radio control receiver channels using an Arduino. Update 27/0...
This reply was deleted.

Activity