How to make quad copter hover and be stable

Does anyone know how to stabilize quad copter or make it hover easily?

running a quad copter with kk2 board only,

2200ah battery

1200kv motors

10" props

25 amp esc

k450 frame.

always seems to fly all over the place when getting off the ground.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a pretty good video tutorial about tuning here: http://myfirstdrone.com/tutorials/how-to-tune-a-quadcopter/

The KK2 isn't that bad although, I would get something like the CC3D if you want something thats cheap, but still works amazingly.

• Hi there,

thank you for that. very helpful.

So what sort control boards should I use that will allow my quad copter to fly level and hover?

I did try 8" props but it didn't seem to want to get off the ground. I actually tried props from 8" to 12". It seemed 10" gave it lift easily without having to give it full throttle. It could also be that I haven't tuned it right.

If there is a easier and better flight control boards out there I'll use those instead? Look forward to your suggestions.

• Rod,

Flying with a kk2-board will NEVER be stable. It can only measure angle-changes through a gyro.

It is is not capable of measuring absolute angles.

By carefull tuning it can fly pretty stable but it needs constant corrections by you.

Board is cheap but very, very limited, especially for beginners.

Before flying, make sure that the rotation of the props is correct. And make sure you try flying in the right configuration: + or x.

BTW your props are pretty large for running on 1200kv. This means a lot of lifting power. Its like a ferrari engine on a small car. I would suggest smaller (8") on 1200kv. Makes the quad much smoother to fly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity