Hey all. I'm a bit of a newbie at this game, having only played with glow fuel fixed wing RC's many years ago. All this electric stuff is doing my head in!

I purchased the ready soldered, and coded version of the Arducopter, and spent four hours putting it all together from all the pieces of conflicting instructions for different revisions all over the place. I failed to get Configurator tool to connect, but managed to run all the commands through the CLI  steps successfully, and uploaded the Arducopter RC2 software.

Question is, when turn the quad on again, it does the usual beeps etc, but there is no throttle response.

In Mode 2, holding the throttle (left stick) down and to the right for several seconds does not arm the motors.

The A led shows solid green.I tested the TX/RX with servos, and it's all doing what it's meant to.

Any help would be much appreciated!

best regards,

Owen

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would be much simpler to debug with Configurator.

You wrote it fails to connect...
Stupid question, but, have you changed the Configurator connection timeout to 30s?

Hey Ante, yes indeed, It counts up to about 25 before reporting "lost connection", and keeps repeating.

driving me nuts!

I figured you used the CLI to simply upload the recommended code, arducopterNG (RC2) and that was it. It's just a stock-standard Arducopter, so it shouldn't be too challenging. Any ideas on how to debug? Is there another user with standard kit that can upload their successful code so I can try it?

thanks  a lot for your response by the way man :)

Im also having this problem. When I put the slider switch on the apm board towards the front it doesn't connect. When i put it towards the back it will connect but nothing else will work. Does this happen to you too?

Hi Matthew.

When I slide the white switch to 0 position, it'll connect ok in CLI, but when I'm finished, and I return switch to number 1 position, turn everything the TX back on, I get a solid light on the RX to say it's binded okay,  a Solid green on the APM, but no input on the TX arms the motors. Thinking there may be a parameter wrong in the ArducopterNG code perhaps? GOD KNOWS! 

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but so you know you're not alone I do have a similar problem: rx/tx are bound and most stuff seems to be working as I can run each motor separately using the four tx sticks in the motor test mode in CLI, but I can't arm the motors in flying (non-CLI) mode, enabling the radio logging and dumping the logs after a failed attempt seems to suggest that *only* the throttle channel is making it through to the PWM input (unless the other channels just aren't logged when it's not armed ? haven't checked the code yet), that would certainly explain why I can't arm the motors.

 

The motor test seems to indicate that all channels are capable of being sampled correctly by the APM inputs, and I uploaded the radio test sketch from the ArducopterMega project and indeed that confirms that everything is working fine.

 

Sounds very much like we might both be running in to the same issue.

 

Cheers,

Al.

Hey Al

Yeah, I've picked my way carefully through the RC2 code, and found the parameters refering to the Mini throttle value thinking that it might not be detecting it correctly, but it's set to "if <minimum throttle +100 then arm" essentially,

considered deleting this perhaps, and replacing it with the actual minimum throttle value found by the CLI and adding 100 to it..... hmmmmmmmmm. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Is yours the off the shelf, pre-soldered, pre-loaded version too?

cheers

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh! I got it working!!!!!!!!!

I ran the CLI first, ran all the tests so they updated the EEPROM, THEN I uploaded the RC2 code. I noticed that doing it in this order made the APM/ESC's beep. When it had done uploading. I unplugged the USB cable, turned off the Arducopter, set the CLI switch to forward, and bugger me, it seems to work now!

It must need the RC2 code AFTER the CLI process to reference the values learnt.

A basic, step by step manual could have made this heaps easier eh.

Let me know how you go?

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh! I got it working!!!!!!!!!

I ran the CLI first, ran all the tests so they updated the EEPROM, THEN I uploaded the RC2 code. I noticed that doing it in this order made the APM/ESC's beep. When it had done uploading. I unplugged the USB cable, turned off the Arducopter, set the CLI switch to forward, and bugger me, it seems to work now!

It must need the RC2 code AFTER the CLI process to reference the values learnt.

A basic, step by step manual could have made this heaps easier eh.

Let me know how you go?
Owen, if you could post the steps you used here, I'd be happy to add them to the manual. We're switching to ArduCopter 2.0, which has a different manual, so the old one is not as good as it should be.

Hi Chris,

I'll write something up shortly for you, just gotta go play for a wee bit, I'm sure you understand...... I'll probably be ordering new props shortly :)

Hmm, that makes sense though I thought I'd done that, but maybe my EEPROM values are screwy somehow, I'll have to see if I can erase it and re-do from start.

 

Glad you got it sorted anyway, hopefully my AC will not be too far behind :)

 

Mine is the build-it-yourself kit from jdrones btw.

 

 

I'm kinda new at this also but I found that to get the motors to arm I had to move the throttle trim down all the way. I calibrated the radio with the trim in the middle and I could not get the motors to arm. I moved the trim down all the way and everything worked fine. I am using a DX8 radio with the 8 ch receiver. I hope I could help. Now I need to figure out how to get the rudder to work. Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service