I need help to build my first quadcopter

Hello, im new to building quadcopter and i need someone to help how to calculate power consumption to choose the right battery esc motors i want full explanation cause im so confused how can i know my max mah to choose the battery and how to know what propeller to choose 

thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is no secret formula for calculating motor thrust, amps, efficiency. Data charts for motors are published for every reputable motor manufacturer. The data is from actual test measurements from calibrated instruments. Battery and drone component makers all publish the mass of their products. Here is an example.

So decide what type of drone you want, like a racing drone built for speed or a drone for videos and still shots and built for efficiency. Then brows the motor charts, pick a frame, gimbal, camera and other components and add up the weights of everything and see were you are operating. In hover you are need the same amount of thrust as your total weight. The motor should hover at less than 50% power. You can get good flight times with ~ 30 to 40% of the total weight being the battery.

It is an iterativ process of picking a set of components and and using data from the charts to gauge performance. Add up the weights of everything and see were your chosen motor is operating at hover. Add one to two amps for avionics and the amps of the 4 motors and see were you battery is operating. If you are getting closer to your c rating your battery is too small. use the data from your first choice of components to guide you toward the performance you want. Pick different battery or motor and prop combination and calculate again.

General rules

Plan on your max flight times to use no more than 80% if the battery capacity.

Bigger props and lower kv motors are more for efficiency than high kv motors for racing drones.

Keep within the battery c rating. My quad hovers at 18% of maximum c rating(10).

Hover power should not be over 50%.

MN3508 KV580_Navigator Type_Motors_Multirotor_T-MOTOR Store-Official Store for T-motor drone motor,…
    • Qualified EZO bearing<br/> • Flexible Mounting Holes
  • I want practical example on this motor what esc to use and how to calculatr to know

what battery to use with calculation and if i want to use fpv camera how much it will consume power with vtx

• I want to do the calculation by myself because its a project , so plz of someone can help me

• https://ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc.php?usahacker

cheers!

eCalc - xcopterCalc - the most reliable Multicopter Calculator on the Web
    get the best drive for your multirotor! ✓ fast & reliable simulation - no more guessing ✓ most comprehensive motor database ☆ over 1 million calculat…
This reply was deleted.

Activity