interpreting a log file

Hi,

I tried to find some explanations on the items that are log, but couldnt.

What is the meaning of CRS (under GPS) ?

What is G_Dt_MAX (under PM) ?

and especially what is the significance of "imu_health" ?

what does it mean when imu_health goes below its standard value of 1000 ?

where does this come from (intereferences from ESC, voltage drop due to servos pulling too many AMPs, etc....) ?

thanks,

wolfgang

p.s.

attached are 2 logs of imu_health. during these flights i had the issue of losing control. the aircraft wouldnt respond to switching modes (manual, stabilize, auto, rtl)

10 days ago, my cularis (2,6m electric glider) landed 600m away in a field because there was no way to recover control (even switching off/on the transmitter) - simply glided in a straight line, no damage

today the engine was running when i lost control (aircraft was doing sort of loopings in AUTO mode and i tried switching to manual/stabilize/RTL without success)

i hurried to my car, looking a last time at the wind direction and headed off towards where i last saw the plane, with all sorts of ideas shooting through my mind (costs, invested time, WHERE would it finally crash...)

just left the field - full of adrenaline - when i saw my glider coming back as if nothing ever had happened. fail safe = RTL, transmitter was switched off; imagine my relief :)

20110218-imuhealth0.JPG

20110208-imuhealth0.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

imu_health is just a metric usualy indicating how much noice there is in the accelerometer data. it will move around in flight normaly, but should not sit at or near 0 for extended periods.  i had problems with this and found i had a inbalanced prop.

• Hi Guys,

nobody knows what the impact of IMU_health is ?

regards,

Wolfgang

p.s.

in case some else would need to know:

after looking at the logs here's my guess for CRS = ground course

This reply was deleted.

Activity