Replies

• The Iris is a fantastic product! I've got one of the first.

11 minutes, 15 minute, same difference. If you aren't over 20-25, same difference. It has telemetry, FPV, Lights, action, and sweet as a button.

With 3.2 firmware that's about to come out, you're not going to believe it!!

Stop nit picking, for under $1000 stick on your favorite camera and you're under way.

Sheesh!

• really yours came with FPV? hmm wheres your tx mounted? what frequency? where do you mount your camera and what kind? yours also has lights?

wait i call B/S 

• Confused... I've never owned an Iris. You seem interested in a quick synopsis of what I've flown, so here goes. I've gone through about 10 quadcopters, hexacopters and octocopters based on APM (all the way back to 1.0), pixhawk, and virtualbrain over the last 4 years, and also fly CP 3D heli and a Bixler plane. For multirotor frames, I've mostly used the xAircraft x650v8, the Sigma SS6, and Tarot frames. For gimbals, I've used the Foxtech Falcon, Beholder, and tried various other crappy chinese things to lift originally gopros but now a Nex-7. For FPV tx I've used 5.8 and 1.2 ghz with fatshark dominator goggles. I've flown over active volcanoes and in caves but have actually never had a good working headlamp until I put this headlamp on my P2V+. I have flown EL wire (more trouble than it's worth) and various multicolor LED strips. Happy to tell you more about my (mis)adventures in the air if you like.

• I think David meant he had added FPV, telemetry, lights, etc on his Iris. I don't think he said that the Iris came with those.

• How sweet is a button? :-)

• What is diydrones.com policy on plagiarism? When Frank says he "relayed" the article, he means he copied and pasted it...

• Whats Gizmodos policy on paid or placed articles? I can name quite a few industries that seem to always be in Gizmodo with an unhealthy twist.

• Great question. Actually you should google plagiarism and chris Anderson.
      You'll be amazed at their policy.
  • All that said, 3D Robotics is releasing the source code for the Follow Me feature when it launches the Iris+, which means that other drones could adopt the feature for free before long.

Eh? All the arducopter code is open source and has always been. Follow Me has been visible in the repo since mid-2013. See for yourself: https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/299

Does the Iris+ actually have any new features? The old Iris had smartphone / tablet control, follow me, etc. You say there's a flight time improvement. Any idea what they changed to achieve that?

• Sounds a bit to much like marketing, low on details but plenty of pointers to the store and price. There also seems to be some left over "expand" comments left in as if someone was commenting on a press release. How are you commenting on apps and features that are not yet released to the public ?

Are you employee of 3DR, nothing wrong with that, but be honest about it ? 

This reply was deleted.

Activity