Is it really illegal?

http://www.suasnews.com/2014/02/27371/faa-investigating-possible-illegal-use-of-drone-at-hartford-crash-scene/

OK, so I read the line which states: "The presence of a drone at a crime scene for journalistic purposes is in violation of FAA regulations."

Is it? Really? Only if it's done "commercially", surely?

And what's the difference between using a camera phone while rubber necking? Same problem, surely?

Then there's this: “These drones will be able to broadcast live from active shooters or SWAT team tactical units. … (It’s) very, very concerning to law enforcement because it could give the bad guys an upper hand,”

WTF??? Don't the TV copters do this already, and with far better lenses/cameras than a shitty little quad can carry???

I hate articles like this.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Euan, I just read the article and could find the line that you have mentioned.

"The presence of a drone at a crime scene for journalistic purposes is in violation of FAA regulations." 

I have never heard it before and I am not quite sure about the validation of this statement. Actually some should go deep into this and find the truth out with the help of a civil litigation lawyer.

Civil Litigation
    We provide civil litigation services in debt collection, insurance claims, estate litigation, human rights claims, breach of contract, employment law…
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…