Hi,

Is there any software out there that can count a cattle head numbers? Like, I take a serie os pictures and put these pictures in a computer and a software counts the numbers based on image recognition? I don't need real time recognition... 

Thanks 

Views: 4222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you mind sharing your dataset? I wrote a bird counting algorithm for use on a conservation mission I know I could adjust it to look for your cows. 

@William Shalar, Thx. I would appriciate if you can do some modifications for Cow counting. My input is a Geotiff Orthomosaic, or the input is a set of RGB still images (Nadir) from a drone.
I will performing it shortly. If you will send your email, I will send the dataset (which input do you prefer: Ortho or images) ?

DAVE BEHR said:

@William Shalar, Thx. I would appriciate if you can do some modifications for Cow counting. My input is a Geotiff Orthomosaic, or the input is a set of RGB still images (Nadir) from a drone.
I will performing it shortly. If you will send your email, I will send the dataset (which input do you prefer: Ortho or images) ?

I had a similar thought but how about building a drone with an RFID chip scanner and chipping the cattle. That way you can not only scan them but sought them out individually if they are sick or injured.

@Dave Behr We have a software solution for cattle counting that we are currently validating.  If you send me your photos or ortho, I can run it through and send you the result.

DAVE BEHR said:

DAVE BEHR said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service