Issues with radio modules in APM and Mission Planner

Hi!I've spent some time trying to understand why I can't use my radio modules to connect to Mission Planner. The radios, which are not genuine 3DR as far as I know, works fine in the 3DR radio configuration software and I can see booth units in the Mission Planner's radio configuration part. I'm running the 2.6 version of APM with firmware 3.0.1 and the latest version of Mission Planner. The radios firmware are upgraded to SIK 1.9. The air unit has four cables pressed in a hirose connection.Whenever I tried to connect to Mission Planner (via radio, USB works fine) I would get the heartbeat error (USB was disconnected while trying to connect via radio). Then I tried to switch the connections of the RX/TX cables and suddenly I could connect to Mission Planner. But the radio units are flashing red/orange quite frequently, even when I'm not connected to Mission Planner. I also can't connect the radios in the 3DR radio config software nor in Mission Planner's radio part with the cables switched. Once reversed back it works fine except that I can't connect to Mission Planner anymore.Any thought on what be my issue(s)?Thank you!Regards,Fredrik.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a similar issue.

"3DR" radio (915MHz from RCTimer APM 2.5.2 kit. 

I plug in USB radio.   Computer responds.  Green light on radio blinks.

I power up the quad, green light on USB radio goes solid.  Solid green on air radio too.

I run Mission Planner 2.0.14, Go to Initial Setup |  3DR Radio

Click on Load Settings button.  Both panels fill with data, so computer is pulling remote data through USB radio!

Click on Flight Data.  Click on Connect (with COM port set and BAUD rate at 57600) 

Nothing is read.  No dialog box appears.  After twenty minutes, nothing happens as if no connection is there.

I found a YouTube video where a guy was all excited to get this working, but he got a "Connecting Mavlink" dialog box I never get.

Does anyone know what all the values in the two settings panels mean or where I can find out?

• Make sure that your COM port number (COM1,2,3,4,5,6,7..) is correct. You can view the COM-port number i device manager.Also try to connect directly when you start MP, before you try to retrieve the information from your telemetry modules.

This reply was deleted.

Activity