Kraken130 + Pixhawk?

Hi

Have you guys seen the new Kraken 130 from Foxtech.

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-kraken130-octocopter-arf-combopreorder-p-1335.html

What do you guys think?

Im impressed with the build and strength and flight time. The airframe and electronics are $2000

However the FC itself they suggest is also $1200 (DJI A2M - $1800 ZeroUAV)

Im wondering if the pixhawk would be enough to conrol it?

What do people think?  (Besides it not really being DIY)

Cheers

-P

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thought it was the other way around.

If mounting the EScs at the motor end , the draw to on the ESC is to much along the long cable and they provide the capacitor set to accommodate.

If shortning the esc cable to battery by placing them at the center plate instead then dont need the capacitors

-P

Sorry, you're right.  It's the opposite of what I said.

• thats my understanding also paul..  the cap packs are needed with the longer esc to battery wires i put ours in the center our esc to PDB are only about 6 inches long now

• Hi Just bumping this.

Im wondering if anyone has used a large copter say from foxtech etc successfully with the apm or pixhawk.

The DJI controller they recommend is $1500 on its own... is the APM or pixhawk riable enough for such powerful copters?

Cheers

-P

Yes the Pixhawk is more powerful than any DJI offering 

• Thanks Gary.

Thats what I was kinda wondering..especially with the team of ppl on here pushing it every day.

Hardware related...that Kraken 130 looks pretty amazing...are there much others in kit form that compare from other vendors?

I was really interested in the 3dr X8 , but without seeing many stats I dont think it comes close (understandably being a fraction of the cost)

The Kraken is the first pro looking one Ive come across to really make me think about shelling out a substantial amount due to its contruction and load stats.

Thanks!

-P

I'm waiting for a Kraken to be delivered to me next week.  Any tips on your Kraken build?  I've bought a ton of stuff from foxtechfpv and have confidence in the Kraken 130, as well as Fu, owner at foxtech. 

I plan to also use a Pixhawk as the flight controller.  In fact, I've been experimenting with a 3g/4g LTE telemetry system for it, using a Raspberry Pi on board in addition to the Pixhawk.   I also have the regular 3DR 900mhz radio. 

Pigeon vision flight cont 1.JPG

• Hi Bill,

I want to connect my Pixhawk with Raspberry Pi for 3G/4G Telemetry and Video Streaming. Could you please help me out with the exact pins on the Raspberry. I could not read them in the picture you post it.

Cheers.

This reply was deleted.

Activity