just want to highlight our most recent developments on PenguPilot, a GNU/Linux based Multi-Rotor UAV Autopilot.
A Video with horizontal GPS position stabilization and vertical ultrasonic stabilization is avaliable here:
Gumstix Overo and Linux based PenguCopter from Tobias Simon on Vimeo.
The whole control process is implemented in C under Linux (PREEMPT Kernel). The latest source code is available here:
IPC among C and Python processes is implemented via ZeroMQ and MessagePack/Protobuf.
robot challenge 2015
gratulation zum gold im air race rennen!
could you tell approximate hardware setup for Gumstix Overo? It's hard to grasp completely from github repo which hardware you use with Overo. I mean sensors, etc.
- we use the 4 Timer/PWM outputs of the Gumstix for motor control using the OMAP3-PWM driver.
- Drotek MPU6050/MS5611 Sensor board is connected to the Gumstix's I2C Bus 3.
- Maxsomar I2CXL ultrasonic Sensor is connected to I2C bus 3 as well.
- LEA-6 GPS receiver is connected to ttyO0 (NMEA output at 115200 baud, 10Hz update rate)
- ACT DSL remote control receiver connected to ttyO2
- Current Sensor connected to ADC channel 7
- Voltage measured via ADC channel 2
- Internal WiFi of the Gumstix für SSH