Lonely...

I guess I missed the boat and I'm the only one playing with the APM 2 on traditional heli at the moment.  :D

pimpedout450a.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i am on align 450. having problems with yaw . i do not get YAW at all. hoizontal stabilization is ok. i am using external gyro. should i try rate yaw as 0.288

• Wesley, I'm with you. I just sold my Quad and waiting for my hexa setup and now testing APM2 on my 450 Heli.

I mount the same way like you did. But yesterday I use your setting and I don't have yaw authority at all and heli is spinning.

I also burned my tail servo, I set RC_SPEED down to 100hz from default 490hz, but it still too fast for my analog servo. It got burned after around 10 minutes play with my heli.

I still could not get proper yaw setting. Also I try to hover, but at some point when the landing gear touch the ground, heli is start to shaking violentlly, I guess the effect of touching ground make the PID controller getting overshoot.

Still trying to find time to do more tuning.

• 3D Robotics
    It's still new and traditional helis are the smallest userbase. I think most of the current trad heli guys set their up with APM1 and don't need to change, since the code is the same.
This reply was deleted.

Activity