Looking for a AGILE 1000mm Quadcopter build

Hello, my first post here. I've spent the last month doing research on multi-rotor copters (was completely new to drones). I have came across lots of helpful posts in blogs (http://blog.oscarliang.net, DIYdrones, rcgroups, etc) but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for so I figured I can take a shot in here.

I'm looking to build an agile 1000mm quadcopter than can maneuver/accelerate fairly quickly (similar to some drones I've seen warthox fly). I'm not looking for much top-speed but I prefer the ability to make sharp turns and possibly some acrobatic maneuvers. There will be not much additional payload weight after the usual components (flight controller, sensors, battery, etc). So in other words, there won't be a GoPro or any thing that will add lots of additional weight. 

Has anyone came across any builds similar to what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If the only reason you want it big is for a target, the quad doesn't have to be built that big, just has to look that big. Large arms to support the motors are much heavier that a stick to hold a sensor. You could also probably make it "electronically big" where the laser guns shoot more of a cone than a line.

This reply was deleted.

Activity