I'm looking for a good Andoid App to measuring vibration levels while balancing Brushless Motors in a Multicopter. I like the versatility of the iPhone/iPad App shown in this video on Youtube, but I need one for Android.

I like the ability to program a delay, and define a specific period in which to capture data, also of course it must be able to display a numeric average for the selected axis.

I've done some rudimentary searches in the PlayStore, but I haven't found one I like. I don't mind paying for a good App, but it needs to fill the bill.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Nathaniel, this reply might be a little late but there is an android app called "smart tools" which has a lot of handy tools for rc including a very sensitive vibration reader. Regards Daniel

Well after several months searching for an adequate Android app I have failed to find an app that compares to the one made for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. As a result I acquired an iPhone 5C and purchased the Vibration app from the Apple App Store.

I will balance my motors this week and post my findings soon.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• I also failed to find a good Android app so I installed Python for Android and wrote a small script that does it.

Though I did not have much success with balancing as I suspect the sensor is not that good for my phone.

Let me know if you use it and have any success.

Janis

vibration_app.py

This reply was deleted.

Activity