Hi Everyone,

I new to the RC Airplane world.

I had a Chance to read the "I'm new to all this--where do I start?", but I still have a few questions.

I've been thinking of buying the following RC Airplane Hobbyking Bixler EPO 1400mm,

It seems ready to fly out of the box (Unless I'm missing something...) and is cheap money wise.

Will that RC plane work well as a future UAV project?

On a side note has anyone had a the Chance to check out this model of the GlobalHawk UAV w/70mm EDF Kit? and would it make a good UAV plane, it seem to have a lot of room inside.

The review on the site are so so, is there another models there are good out of the box.

I have friend that been working on a UAV project, and his birthday is coming up soon.

It looks like it may make a nice birthday gift

Also is there any RC pilot in the Montreal(west Island/ or Vaudreuil-Soulanges area,Quebec/Canada area?

I know I'm asking lot of questions but,

Thank you a lot for taking the time to read and answer my questions.

Michael

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for the Quick reply.

There was a misunderstanding the GlobalHawk model is not for me. I was thinking of buy one to give it as a birthday gift to a friend that been work on a UAV project.

Thanks I'll mostly likely be ordering the plane next week. 

• As the Bixler is an Easystar clone I cannot see why it would make an excellent trainer and UAV project.

Go to RCGroups for opinion of the GlobalHawk. Basic concensus is it flies like a pig even when you tune the setup. Racerone got it working by heavily modifying the EDF section to provide power properly and shifting the CG but everyone else semms to have bought, hated then sold.

Only thing I know about Montreal is Bianca Beauchamp lives there so no idea about flying groups :D

• Distributor

Hello Michael,

I would say that for the first plane I would stay away from the Global Hawk, however I can see the appeal....... :)

Have a look at this:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/roundupreview-of-all-the?xg_sou...

There is a great review by Chris on that link on the airframes to get started with. I would recommend the Easy Star!

As for local flying groups, check out this link:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/heres-the-page-for-local-diy

If you can't see your area, then please add one :)

Regards

Martin

www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk

This reply was deleted.

Activity