Hi anyone that might be in here using APM or preferrably a Pixhawk with our AD1. We have only tested the pixhawk once on our AD1 but we have not been successful at it. Just wondering if there is someone here that is using the pixhawk and our AD1 together. AD1 looks like the picture below. Please respond if you are using AD1 and pixhawk. We are trying to get pixhawk on our AD1 going. Thanks

3691117658?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Darryl,

I can't tell from the video but do you have the GPS attached? I would check your parameters to see if you have simple mode or super simple mode turned on one of your flight modes. I had that happen to me the other day. I pulled back on the stick and it went the other way on my orientation. Luckily I put it loiter walked over and grab the Hexacopter and then landed it in my hand before it hit the side of my house.

Since you can hover looks like the basic setup is done. By chance do you still have the log file. These get stored on the SD card located at the front of the Pixhawk. If you post it there is a lot of useful information we can tell from it and a good chance to figure out what really happened.

If you are feeling brave I you could try holding your AD1 in you hand and hover using different modes. I would recommend using some plastic props. I did this with a smaller tricopter that I could easily hold with one hand while figuring out the yaw direction.

Finally I would check the names of the flight modes you used. Mission Planner with Pixhawk doesn't have a mode called Manual. The default mode is Stabilized when you setup firmware. My progression using the flight modes are Stabilized, Altitude Hold, Loiter, Automode and Return to Launch. 

There is a mode that might be considered Manual which is Acro mode. This is so you can do 3d flying including flips and rolls. Acro mode from my understanding has minimal stablilzation and might be why the AD1 seemed so twitchy. 

• Darryl,

I don't own an AD1 but looks like a nice setup and good quality parts. What issues are you having with your setup? The first issues I had with a new Hexacopter setup was I needed to calibrate the ESC and then I needed to Calibrate the sensors for the Pixhawk. If you give us some information I'm sure you will get plenty of good feedback to get this up in the air working great.

• So basically I put it on the way I did when I was using APM 2.5. It has been a while since I used 3DR FC. For some reason when im on manual mode it flies perfectly kinda still needs to work on the gains but it hovers ok. When I put it on stabilize mode the quad went bezerk and started flying forward. You can see on this video I tried to actually pull it back but i could not stop it. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=543628715754314

This reply was deleted.

Activity