Hi everyone,

I have a Solo 3DR drone and an Intel Edison. I would like to send commands from the Edison to the drone via MAVlink. I need to keep the Edison in host mode, as I need it for vision processing; this processing will determine the commands sent to the drone. I have the drone and the Edison connected via TX/RX, and have a common ground connection between them. I am running this MAVproxy command, as described on this site:

http://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/edison-for-drones.html

mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyMFD1,57600 --rtsctsThis is the output I get:
Using MAVLink 1.0
Using MAVLink 1.0
Connect /dev/ttyMFD1,57600 source_system=255
Running script /home/root/.mavinit.scr
-> module load droneapi.module.api
DroneAPI loaded
Loaded module droneapi.module.api
Log Directory:
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
MAV> Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/ttyMFD1

I think the problem is because the Edison is not connected to Solo's wifi. However, I
cannot connect to Solo's wifi because the computer from which I have ssh-ed into
the Edison is connected to my office wifi. Now, it may seem simple: why don't I just
connect my computer and Edison to Solo's wifi? Whenever I try this, I run into issues
in connecting my computer to the Edison via SSH. So, how can I get around this wifi
issue? Since I have the Edison and drone connected via tx/rx anyway, why do I need
to be connected to Solo's wifi for mavproxy to run off of the Edison? Do I *need* this
wifi connection at all? I am new to drones and MAVproxy, so perhaps I am missing
something.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

*sorry about the code font at the end here; the editor is really not working
with me very well*

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity