I've changed this message like 5 times as my results are difficult to find patterns in. I've done just about everything I can think of to get my gimbal to level at each end and center, but I have not been able too. I did some research on it and hope that someone can help. 

1) I leveled my frame/APM2 in Mission Planner.

2) I connected my roll servo to a PWM monitor and found that it was responding to PWM signals between 1240-1740.

2) In Mission Planner Camera Gimbal setup, I put roll on Output Channel 8 (high speed digital servo). I set my servo limits to 1240-1740. I set my angle limits to -45/45.

Gimbal not centered.

3) I check the PWM signal on the roll output as I roll the frame. level reads at 1432 (would expect about 1481 as midpoint). 37 degrees rolled right registers the min 1240 limit. 55 degrees rolled left registers the max limit of 1728. 

4) In mission planner, I configure Input channel 8 for manual roll control. I level the roll and then disable the roll control. Now my center PWM reads about 1481 as I would expect, with tilt angles closer to -45/45 degrees for min/max PWM.

Still, not rolling the same rate/distance on each side though.

5) Reattach manual roll on radio. Trim it to level. 

Rolling frame to the right, gimbal travel is not far enough to level. Rolling to the left is past level.

Being that my frame is all about Aerial Video, this is really causing problems for me. My pitch servo is still a disaster as well. Something just seems wrong, I've tried so many configurations.

Aside from that, it's also a bit twitchy when stationary and perhaps could use some filtering? Help please. I really don't want to abandon APM. Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Interesting that aside from all this, adjusting the servo limits wider than the values I read does have an effect on the gimbal. Still, I cannot find a way to get leveled in both directions and at center.

This reply was deleted.

Activity